Saturday, January 19, 2008

Elizabeth Hinton Green Portrait: circa 1862

Elizabeth Hinton was born during 1812 in Johnston County, North Carolina. She was the daughter of Jacob Hinton (born 1768 in Johnston County, North Carolina, died during 1835 in Campbell County, Georgia) and Mary Bradford (born 1770 in Georgia). She married John Green (born 1802 in Johnston County, North Carolina) and the family moved to the Carolina-Richmond area of Itawamba County at an early date.

Her children included: Wiley (born 1832), Malachi (born 1835 in Alabama), George William (born September 9, 1837), James I. (born 1840), D. Ransom (born August 5, 1844 in Itawamba County), Mary A. (born 1850 in Itawamba County), General Washington (born February 12, 1852 in Itawamba County and Sarah C. (born January 5, 1855 in Itawamba County).

Elizabeth’s grandparents were Malachi Hinton (born about 1740 in Chowan County, North Carolina) and Sarah Wimberly (born in Edgecombe County, North Carolina).

Elizabeth’s husband was the son of John Green and Welthya Moore. John Green and Elizabeth Hinton are buried in the old Carolina Cemetery in southwestern Itawamba County.

1 comment:

Leisa said...

Bob Franks, your work on the Itawamba site is great! I really enjoyed looking at the site. I do have a question on how you linked Elizabeth Hinton to Jacob Hinton and Mary Bradford? I am descended by my gggrandmother, Zalemah Hinton on one side and my ggggrandmother Harriet Lutecia Hinton to Jacob and Mary Hinton. I found a will of Jacob Hinton but he does not mention Elizabeth, only son-in-law Henry Pope, who married Elizabeth Hinton on 25 May 1812 in Clarke Co, GA. I have Elizabeth's date of birth as about 1794. This date is earlier than your Elizabeth. I love the portrait of Elizabeth Hinton Green that you placed on line and she looks alot like my gggrandmother Zalemah Hinton Clutter. Zalemah names one of her sons Wylie as well. Would love to compare notes. Leisa U @ urbantkel@sbcglobal.net